~ Mr. Body himself ~
Chris and I had to celebrate Valentine's Day early this year since he is in the States on tour. We decided to go see Spamalot which we had been wanting to see for a while. What a GREAT show! It was based on the holy grail movie but they definitely put in some extra things. Our seats were perfect; they were 1st balcony and about 5 rows back. We could see everything.
One of the major reasons I wanted to see it during this time was that Tim Curry was playing the role of Arthur until the end of January. He was good, but I have to admit that he didn't put a lot of effort into the part. He just kind of stood on stage and reveled in the glory of being "Tim Curry". Who cares, I love him anyway.
We heard a rumor that Orlando Bloom was in the audience which was quite exciting, but we didn't see him. Afterwards I dragged Chris around to the stage door and we waited for the actors to come out. I got a few autographs from some I didn't know, because I was bored standing there in the cold. Then out walked a tall guy with a black hat pulled as far down on his forehead as was possible. He stopped beside me for a minute and it was then that I realized...Orlando Bloom! I had actually seen him walk in a few minutes earlier but didn't think anything about it. He was apparently going in to talk to Tim Curry. People started begging him for pictures, autographs, a night of unbridled passion, but he just turned them all down stating that it wasn't his night or his show. I thought that was kind of classy of him. I left him alone completely. It would have been great to meet him, but he wasn't there to be mobbed. He was there to watch a show and he should be able to do that in peace.
Tim Curry on the other hand came out a few moments later armed with a black Sharpie and ready for photos. So here is the wonderful result:

Labels: Theatre