Ok, this will sound a bit sappy, but we're all friends here.
Over the past 2 months I have spent a mere 9 days and nights with my wonderful, beautiful, brave, talented wife, and it has just stunk. We have been married for 4 months and it's terrible that we've had to spend so much time apart. Tomorrow I get home, and we are spending every day and night together for a whole month.
At the moment I am torn between two conflicting emotions; I have missed Steph so much that it has hurt, and I am so very excited to see her. At the same time, I am completely miserable - I hate this country, I am tired after 2 months of hard work with no weekends off, and I am fed up with being away from home. I'm so tired, in fact, that I can't quite work out what to feel.
For once, for someone who finds flying to be a necessary evil (you try being over 6 foot in a plane for 14 hours, the planes tomorrow are my friends; they are taking me home, to my darling wife. She has put up with so much for me: moving countries, prolonged absences and starting a new job in a strange city without her husband's support. Words cannot express how proud I am of her, or how grateful for her marrying and loving me. I don't deserve it.
I love her more than anything in the world; tonight feels like the night before our wedding, I'm so nervous and excited to see her again, who makes my life whole.
There you go. Told you I was sappy.
Steph, baby, I love you, and I'm sorry I've been away. Let's make it the best Christmas EVER!!!!