Ok so we were performing in Paris with a group of musicians from all around Europe, led by a slightly mad egocentric Austrian lady called Christina who insists on rehearsing things over and over again before concerts. I hate this as it means that I am so bored with the music by the time we perform it that I end up thinking of other things, which doesn't help the singing. She also insists on practicing walking on and off stage (something I thought I'd cracked a while back) and wears lots of leather coats. You know, the sort that would look good in a 1970s war film when coupled with a pair of gloves to smack people round the face with. We had to be up at 5.30 this morning to fly to Germany where we have another concert tomorrow night and some masterclasses today and Thursday. Anyhow, turns out that we all hated every minute of her rehearsals so spent most of this morning venting about it. Which was extremely satisfying. Honestly, if that's all I have to worry about I'm doiny pretty well, I know.
Especially compared to my darling wife, who (last time I spoke to her) was still up at 4.30am UK time cleaning up a rather nice little mess that one of our delightful kittens had decided to leave in the middle of our bed...... apparently their litter tray was not clean enough (and whose fault is that, after all? I mean it's certainly not me who's been in there depositing you-know-what) so they decided to teach us a lesson. Typical that it happens when I'm not home. I feel so bad for her, but am enormously grateful to have such a wonderful wife who cares so much about our home that she stays up all night to wash and clean things. I think I owe her big-time when I get home.....