Monday, October 16, 2006
~ Lazy Chris ~
Ok so I just checked and I haven't posted since 19 July, which was before we got married. That makes me very lazy and not worth keeping in touch with, so apologies. I have an excuse in that so much has happened that I've hardly had a moment, but there have been days in hotels when I could have sorted something out I suppose. If only European hotels weren't so stingy about internet access - at most it's at least 10 dollars for an hour which is just stupid when in the US it's free at most places. Hmphh.

So what's happened? Well, today was interesting. We decided that we had to get our carpets steam-cleaned (that's the sort of thing that gets me excited these days. Who says being married isn't exciting?) and that we wanted the chimney swept so that we could have open fires in winter. Unfortunately we didn't realise that it would be most sensible to do the carpet cleaning AFTER we had the chimney swept. So.... the beautifully cleaned carpets got covered in soot, and we had to call the cleaners back in. You live and learn.

On a more exciting note, I successfully changed my first fuse today. Not a momentous achievement, you might say, but for me it was a big deal. Tomorrow I think I'll go out and buy a tool belt.