Thursday, February 09, 2006
~ Operation update ~
I went to see my doctor this morning for my post-op follow-up and we decided to schedule my surgery for March 13. My Spring Break starts that week so I won't be worrying about missing work or school for that first week. I still have to miss 3-4 more weeks after that but it can't be helped. I also found out from him that they don't really know if this tumor is benign or not. It looks benign to them and it likely is, but in order for them to really know they have to remove the whole thing and send it off. They would have done a biopsy on it before but it's so vascular that it would have caused a lot of internal bleeding. Also with this surgery there is a chance that removing the tumor could cause uncontrollable bleeding and if it does they will have to perform a full hysterectomy then and there. And that of course means no kids ever. At least from my body. Thank you all for your previous prayers and if you don't mind continuing to pray we would really appreciate it.