Wednesday, February 08, 2006
~ The excitements of a minor league geek ~
I mentioned in a previous post about how Chris and I got my mom a computer for Christmas. Well, so the cable internet people couldn't rip us off with charging $40 a month for each computer in the home, I took the initiative to setup a wireless network. I went to Compusa and bought the necessary items which was really easy to figure out and then went home and set it up. I don't have much networking experience so past the obvious fact that our home is now wireless I had no idea what other advantages there would be. The biggest of these Scottie and I discovered last night. He wanted to obtain quite a load of pictures off my computer and we were trying to think of an easy way to do it. Somewhere in the course of our brainstorming we thought of sharing folders through my fancy shmancy network. We made a few adjustments on our computers and Voila! I moved all the pics he wanted over to his computer and then we played around with iTunes. Did you know that iTunes will locate any other iTunes playlists that are present on the network? I didn't. But there it was, Scott's playlist in my iTunes. I played some of Scott's through my computer just because I could. Ain't technology just grand?