Wednesday, July 19, 2006
~ Blurgh blurgh so much to do!!! ~
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in ages and ages, mainly because of a stupid touring schedule (including three days when I had to fly from England - Germany - England and do it all again for silly concerts) and having to move house as well as pack for the US and get all the Cambridge wedding stuff sorted out. Things that have happened (in no particular order) are:

1. We had to sing at a private party and were all very excited as Mick Jagger was rumoured to be singing there as well. When we turned up we realised that there had been an enormous "chinese whispers" mistake and it was in fact Margaret Thatcher who was the guest of honour. Fine for me, as I'm more interested in her (being as she is one of the most important women ever to have lived, certainly in terms of politics) and it was wonderful to meet her and sing to her. But I think Steph was a bit disappointed as she wanted a picture of me with ol' rubber lips.

2. While in Budapest an old lady came up to us and gave us hand-made bookmarks with photos of us on them, all sewn up and wonderfully presented. This was a very moving moment as she obviously had nothing in the whole world, certainly no money, and yet she felt a connection with our music and wanted to give us a token of her appreciation. Made me feel quite humble. We gave her a CD in return; not sure she can play it, but she seemed to love it. Oh, and free tickets, obviously.

3. It took me 12 hours to move house, picking up a van and driving all round England until 2am, loading and unloading furniture and getting more and more frustrated - I'm very impatient. Still, I never have to do it again....

4. Steph and I have been having a "it's hotter here" competition. I realise that it is in fact hotter in KY, but today is officially the hottest day on record in London, a whopping 37 degrees centigrade, which works out at bang on 100 degrees Farenheit. Which, with no aircon in houses, is STUPIDLY HOT. Especially when you're unpacking boxes.

5. So tomorrow I fly off, and the flat isn't really ready, and I still have lots to do, and I forgot to pick up my dollars from the bank. But, I am VERY excited to see all my new family and friends again, and to see my parents, and to marry the girl of my dreams.

So all in all, I'm having a good time.