~ Wedding Flowers... and a little picture ~
Today was the big flower day. I did well, even if I do say so myself. Managed to get the main points across and am expecting a quote back within the next few days.
Something quite amusing did happen during the meeting though. I was asked to draw a plan of St. John's College chapel to help the florist, and I duly started to sketch it out on a piece of paper. I started with the long aisle, which has a sort of rounded top, and then drew in the two transepts, which sort of stick out (one on each side) at the base of the aisle. And then I realised.... I had drawn a very rude picture indeed. Without knowing it, the architect and builders who had constructed the chapel at St. John's had done so and produced the perfect shape of a you-know-what.
Well, I didn't know where to look, but the florist saw my discomfort and started to laugh. "don't worry," she said, "it'll take more than that to phase me; just don't add any hair....."
I've never been so embarrassed in all my life.