Friday, January 20, 2006
~ New Tricks ~
Chris and I bought my mom a new computer for Christmas. Her old one was just that, old. I built a Dell for her online which was difficult for me being the Apple lover that I am. But for her, a Dell will suffice. Apples are for people who do more techie stuff than what my mom will ever do. This past week I have set up a wireless network for our house so we won't have to pay silly Adelphia for 2 internet connections. That will also be handy for Chris when he is in town since his laptop is wireless. Basically, we are a now coffeshop only bigger.

Last night I helped mom sign up for an email account (Yahoo of course) and setup up her online banking which seemed to really make her happy. Parents are funny when it comes to computers and technology. She is so afraid to try anything on it because she thinks she will easily break it. She is really sweet with her chicken peck typing.

The computer will be a big money saver in the long run since we will be able to talk to each other overseas for free. We also plan on setting up a video cam. Do you remember when that sort of thing seemed so space age? Now it's commonplace. Hmmmm, now when are we going to get flying cars?