Some of the more picky among you may have noticed that there was a picture of a big German building in the last post, entitled "Small Man's Syndrome." This is in fact a picture of the building where we sang our concert tonight. Nice place. It used to belong to the Catholic Bishops who ruled this area of Germany. It was given to the State at some point in the 19th century.
One of the more recent bishops was very anti-abortion, putting it on the same level of crime as the Holocaust. I'm not sure about that myself, but I agree that it's a bad thing. Anyhow, he rang the church bell every hour (not personally I imagine, he probably had a minion) in order to offer up prayers for the souls of the unborn children.
You learn a new thing every day.
Apologies again about the picture being in the wrong post. Just imagine a small man standing in front of the building insisting that he's right about everything; that'll do the trick. He was there earlier today, I promise.