I started a
detox program this week. I did this the first time in the summer of 2004 when I came back from Haiti really sick. Now I am doing it to get all the toxins out of my body from all the medication I was taking because of the surgery. It may sound gross, but I love it and makes me feel tons better. If you want to really be grossed out, go to this company's website.
According to my hair stylist, the anesthesia has caused a gray patch in my hair. Luckily it is hidden underneath so you can't see it. I had no idea that anesthesia could do that. He says he sees it all the time after people have surgery. So maybe it wasn't Freddy who gave Nancy that gray streak in Nightmare on Elm Street. Hmmmm....
My friend
Heather is having a baby as are my friends
Geron and Lydia. Also, my friend Ben just got engaged. Lunch was lots of fun with you guys! Here's an official AAGIL Blog congratulations to all of you!
Chris is in France and I miss him tremendously.
Bed Bath and Beyond rocks with their wedding registry. We tried Macy's first and thought they were ok until we went to BB and B. The lady there plays games with you to help you pick out your place settings. Yes, I said games. We had way too much fun!
We started full-blown orientation days at EKU last week. I really enjoyed working one on one with the incoming freshmen. The days were very busy but fullfilling. It's strange to think that it was 14 years ago when I was in their shoes.
Chris and I went to see Allie in her play, Marvin's room. She got a fantastic
review.
So proud of you, Allie.
I have had 4 old friends from my undergrad days seek me out in the past year or two. It's nice when that happens. I have been hard to reach for the most recent one (Jeff), but we are catching up tonight. The irony of it is that from 2000 to mid 2004 I felt strangely like another person in my skin. I definitely made some choices that I would have never dreamt of making in my whole life previous to that. Now that I have finally come back to myself so to speak, these old friends have started looking for me. It's such a blessing.