Monday, December 05, 2005
~ Coming to a close ~
It's strange to be writing in this when I have only given two people the address so far (Chris and Scottie). I am SUPPOSED to have a new template to use (ahem...) and wanted to have it up and running before I informed people of its existence. My template designer has been a little distracted lately with some silly church thing. :-)

I have to say folks, that this has been my toughest semester of grad school. It seemed that no matter how much work I did, more and more kept piling up. I tend to be a focused student. Once I am in the thick of the semester, I have a hard time thinking about anything else. I am watching a great movie at the theatre and the paper that's due next week is in the back of my head. However, there is a light now and its beams are starting to hit me in the eyes. I turn in my last two projects tomorrow night, I have two exams next week that I am ready for, and one case study to present which I am also ready for. I have retained a lot of knowledge this Fall like basic human development from womb to tomb which is swirling around in my head all the time. When I see a 3 year old looking up the skirt of a doll, I know what they are doing. The same goes for a middle-aged man in a red porche; I've got his number. I have also participated in some interesting discussions like "seniors and sex". I have learned more than one needs to ever know about LSD and I sat through a class presentation starring female condoms (the presentation included gift bags for everyone). I had an amazing class on death and grief; something I wish I had been able to take before Dad passed away. I think I would have understood myself more. But no matter how much I wish for these long days of work in the AM and class in the PM to continue, it must end. Then I guess I will just have to talk about sex and seniors with friends and family.

A handful of my friends from grad school will be graduating next Saturday. It's been nice to panic with them, study with them, and goof off with them during terrible presentations. If I hadn't taken the internship in England I would be graduating with them. But I think that was a well-made decision. I am sad to see them go. Good luck Paula, Karen, and Ritha. Class was always better because of you three. As it is now, I have two classes left and I am spreading them out over the Spring and Summer semesters so that I can continue working as a grad assistant. I will keep that job all the way to the wedding. Resigning from my old job was a little scary, but it was a great move. The people here are great and just think of all the money I am saving in gas!

By the way, 20 days until Christmas!