~ Love Actually... ~
When Love Actually came out in 2003, it immediately moved into my top 5 list of favorite movies. Other than some moral issues I have with the movie, I think it is wonderful ( I just ignore those other scenes). The movie begins and ends with scenes filmed in Heathrow airport. Little did I know back then that airports and I would become close, personal friends. For a girl who had never even flown until I was 20, my airport experience of recent months has been surprising. Even after the age of 20, I only flew 3 more times until this year. I just always drove everywhere I went.
It has occurred to me recently that flying is going to be a regular part of the rest of my life. My first flight of the year consisted of going to Washington D.C. in order to visit a good friend (Joy) and see a KS concert. My next flight was in May; I was going to England for the first time. I flew to Germany twice during my stay in England and then back to the US in August. My most recent flight has been this weekend; I flew to Detroit on Saturday and then back today (well actually in 2 hours). Along with all those flights, you have to count all the times I have been to the airport to either pick up or drop off Chris. The first time was at the end of April when he and I first started dating then again in August and October. So basically I have been in the airport 10 times for my own flights this year and 5 more times for Chris. So now the meetings and partings scenes in Love Actually have much more meaning for me now than it did back then. Joyous greetings, sorrowful goodbyes.